Rules for Submission
Rules & Terms
1. Competition is open to anyone who wishes to enter.
2. Movies produced, primarily financed, or initiated by a major Hollywood film studio are ineligible for competition.
3. Movies must have been completed no earlier than January 1, 2013.
4. Movies must be available for screening during the festival, March 2016.
5. By submitting a film to the Florida Movie Festival , the filmmaker agrees to allow the movie to be screened at the festival, and to allow short portions of the film to be used by the festival this year and ensuing years for promotional purposes.
6. Individual filmmakers are free to offer multiple submissions. Each submission must be accompanied by its own entrance fee and submission form.
6a. Individual filmmakers can enter one film in two category/genres for one fee. The four genres are Women, Documentary, Faith/Inspirational, and Narrative/Other. For example if a film fits Documentary and is directed/produced/written/leading actor by a woman this movie can be entered into the Women and Documentary category. If the movie is Faith based it can be entered in the Faith and Other category for judging.
Combo’s include Women/Doc, Women/Faith, Women/Nar-Other, Doc/Faith, Doc/Nar-Other, Faith/Nar-Other.
7. Finalists will be selected based on excellence in their conformity to the criteria, categories, guidelines, and festival objectives.
8. DVDs, flash memory devices, hard disk drives, or other storage devices, will not be returned under any circumstances. Receipt of films will be sent by e-mail correspondence.
9. Application fee is non-refundable.
10. Awards will be presented to the individuals or teams responsible for the winning films in Daytona Beach on March, 20, 2016.
11. The People’s Award is based on the votes of the moviegoers at the festival. All other awards are judged on the overall merit of the entries. Judges reserve the right not to grant a category award.
Categories are: Short, Mini-Feature, and Feature.
Genres are: Women, Documentaries, Faith/Inspirational and Narrative/Other
1. All movies submitted directly (not through FilmFreeway) must be submitted both as a DVD and digital format.
2. Applicants must submit two (2) copies of each submission on DVD.
Questions or need more information? Send an email to Brian Cline at firstname.lastname@example.org
Click for Festivals: